Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I read through Hosea last week, and I just can't get over it. We constantly spit in the Lord's face, we turn away from Him and pursue other things,

but He loves us...

so much that He doesn't want to give us up. 

How can I give you up, O Ephraim? How can I hand you over, O Israel? How can I make you like Admah? How can I treat you like Zeboiim? My heart recoils within me; my compassion grows warm and tender.
I will not execute my burning anger, I will not again destroy Ephraim; for I am God and not a man, the Holy One in your midst, and I will not come in wrath. 
Hosea 11:8-9

I could go on... I just really love this picture...

And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justie, in steadfast love and in mercy. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the Lord.
Hosea 2:19-20

1 comment:

  1. Those last verses are awesome! Makes me think of:

    Isaiah 61:10
    I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

    ReplyDelete