Sunday, May 24, 2009

So I kind of forgot about my blog. I think I just got caught up in other things, that it just sat here unused. Anyway, I think I'll start using it again :)

Summer. I dread it. I used to look forward to it and long for days free of school and friend drama. Now, it's my least favorite time of year. It now means being home. All summer. Alone. I know I'm not alone, I've got my family, a few scattered friends, and the Lord... but I'm in such a bubble of fellowship during the year that going home is like being stranded. 
I can choose to have a good or bad attitude about leaving, usually it ends up being bad. 

I've been home a week. In the time, the Lord has done so much with my heart. He's broken it, mended it, and lead it. He's taken away the obstacles that stand between us, and broken down the barriers my sinful nature has built. 

For the first time in a long time, I feel encouraged at home. I can see God working here, like He's always been... but I was too blinded by my bad attitude to see it.  I can already see that this summer is going to be a challenge... but the Lord is good and I trust in Him. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erica. I agree completely! Even though I'm in Des Moines still. The Lord is so faithful.. I'm really glad to hear that you are seeing God working at home. I miss you a lot!

    ReplyDelete