As much as I thought I trusted the Lord with every part of my life, I noticed that I still held things back. I still wanted to control parts of my life.
For example, I want to live off campus next year. My parents aren't so hot on the idea, which frustrated me to exhaustion.
I started to focus on explaining why I wanted to live on campus and that if I didn't, I wouldn't have a place to live (if upperclassmen have to live off campus).
I got so absorbed with my frustration that I forgot that it doesn't matter.
If I don't get to live in a house next year with other CF girls, it's not the end of the world. The Lord will use me wherever I am.
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose
Romans 8:28
I would like to be able to live off campus, but I know that it will all work out for His Kingdom. It might be hard, but I need to learn to give up this battle for control and trust that the Lord will take care of it and put me where He wants me.

Praise God that He is so much bigger than our living arrangements! :)
ReplyDeletePS: If you end up living on campus again, don't worry: it's actually quite wonderful! But perhaps I have a bit of a biased view... ;)
Hey, you never know what God could do with you if you do end up living on campus next year. He could use you in ways you never imagined. Living on campus has its benefits, just as living off campus does. Just think, if you live on campus, girls can come stay with you (service!) and you're closer to classes and your ministry! Praise God!
ReplyDelete